Q: I work with parenting youth, how do I know if they are eligible for the infant supplement payment? Can both parents receive the infant supplement payment for their child?
A: The Department of Social Services has issued an All County Information Notice clarifying infant supplement eligibility, ACIN NO. I-10-20. The department clarifies that the following parenting youth populations who are living with their non-dependent child are eligible:
- Youth under delinquency jurisdiction who are residing in foster care.
- Nonminor dependents (NMDs) in Extended Foster Care.
- Youth in non-related legal guardianships receiving AFDC-FC payments.
- Youth receiving Kin-Guardianship Assistance Payment (Kin-GAP) payments.
- Youth receiving Approved Relative Caregiver (ARC) payments.
The department further clarified that either male or female parenting youth may be eligible for an infant supplement and that all eligible teens and nonminor dependents be screened for current or expectant parents. Only one infant supplement may be paid per eligible child. If both parents are eligible, the infant supplement must be paid to the parent with primary physical custody of the child.
See more question of the week answers related to the infant supplement here.안전놀이터